These tips are important to be safe while playing online poker games.
- Do not join to unknown poker sites. There are a lot of poker sites and not all of them are safe. You should google its name before joining to get to know what others say about it.
- Do not use the same password on different sites.
- If you get an e-mail from a poker website and it contains an URL always check if it goes to the same URL where the poker site is. The URL can go to a mislaiding website in order to steal your personal data.
- Never reveal your password, credit card details or any other confidental information to anybody. Poker sites will never ask you these informations by chat or e-mail. If you are asked these data by chat or e-mail you can be sure that somebody wants to gig you.
- Do not download softwares from sites which are about poker frauds. These softwares can be infected with trojans or they can install other malicious softwares to your computer.
- Be careful if you want to download an add-on from external source. It can be infected or its use can be against the rules of the poker site.
- Do not play if you are underaged. Even if you win casinos will not pay to you.
- Do not play with false identity. Even if you win casinos will not pay to you.
- Always install the latest security updates, use firewall and antivirus software. Poker sites usually have very strong security so the hackers' main targets are the ignorant and careless players.